Product codes BP900, BP300, MP304, MP404
NPIP Interim Approved Rapid Test
The National Poultry Improvement Plan (NPIP) held the General Conference Committee (GCC) meeting on June 13, 2019 in Albuquerque, NM. BioChek’s Salmonella diagnostic assay was presented to the GCC for interim use in NPIP authorized laboratories until the 2020 Biennial Conference.
The NPIP Salmonella technical committee evaluated and recommended approval of the BioChek Salmonella spp DNA Test – Salmonella qPCR Reagents (BioChek USA, Scarborough, ME 04074). 9-CFR 147.54 outlines the requirements for the approval of diagnostic test kits that are not licensed by USDA for use in NPIP authorized laboratories.
USDA has sanctioned the use of the aforementioned Salmonella qPCR Reagents for use in NPIP laboratories until the next Biennial Conference. BioChek Salmonella spp DNA Test – Salmonella qPCR Reagents are approved for immediate use. The full list of (Interim) Approved Tests are listed on the NPIP website.
BioChek Salmonella qPCR Reagents provide NPIP authorized laboratories a validated Real-Time PCR method for accurately detecting and monitoring the presence of DNA from Salmonella species in house environmental samples, cloacal swabs and hatchery samples. In addition, its ISO 16140-2 (AFNOR) validation allows testing of poultry slaughter operations, raw poultry meat and egg products.
BioChek Real-Time PCR Benefits
The BioChek workflow comprises DNA extraction followed by Real-Time PCR detection, designed to highly specific and sensitive screening for Salmonella in 24 hours only, including NPIP approved pre-enrichment in Tetrathionate (TT) broth. This allows microbiology laboratories to:
- Effectively help feed mills, broiler breeders farms, hatcheries and processing plants to closely monitor, control and react to emerging pathogens in poultry and poultry products.
- Meet regulatory requirements and help guarantee the safety of end consumers.
- Support streamlining operational processes.
Current standard reference methods for detecting Salmonella in the food and food animal production chain are accurate or sensitive, but can be time-consuming and laborious. BioChek Salmonella qPCR Reagents offer a cost-efficient workflow: rapid high-throughput screening, with few handling steps, facilitating quick hygiene monitoring status and early product release.
- Quick workflow protocol (<2.5 h), with limited hands-on time (< 30 min).
- Easy and efficient genomic DNA extraction, using a straightforward lysis method.
- Early phase real-time detection of positive samples (< 1 h 20 min) for rapid follow-up and timely intervention.
Flexibility and Ease in Your Daily Workflow
- Ready-to-use reagents for DNA extraction and Real-Time PCR.
- Cost-efficient lysis method: no spin-columns, no magnetic beads; limited equipment and consumables.
- Broad instument compatibility (e.g. Bio-Rad CFX96™, Applied Biosystems® 7500, Stratagene Mx3005P™, Roche LightCycler® 480).
High-quality Results, using Proven Technology
- Use of an internal positive PCR control (IC) to prevent false negative results.
- Negative and positive controls to safeguard PCR assay validity.
- 100% specificity for Salmonella spp, motile and non-motile strains, including Turkey isolates.
- High sensitivity, detecting down to 1.5 CFU per 25 gr of sample (AFNOR).
- Stable reagents for reliable and reproducible results.
- Approved rapid method: excellent agreement with NPIP culture methods.
- Limited hands-on time and rapid screening of negative samples minimize cost of microbiology testing.
- Accurate results avoid unnecessary product recalls, and reduce cost of risk management.
- High throughput maximizes productivity: faster and fresher products release.
BioChek Salmonella qPCR Reagents for NPIP will be provided in separate, eco-friendly paper packaging. For ordering convenience, a set of combined reagents is available.
|BP900||Lysis Buffer A, 100 reactions
Lysis Buffer A (BP900) must be used only with BioChek qPCR Reagents
Salmonella qPCR Reagents
|BP300||DNA Mastermix, 2x 675 µl, 100 reactions|
|MP304||Salmonella qPCR PPIC (Primer Probe – Internal Control), 2x 412.5 µl, 100 reactions|
|MP404||Salmonella qPCR Controls, 2x 60 µl Positive Control, 2x 60 µl Negative Control|
|MP504||Salmonella qPCR Reagents Set, 1x BP300, 1x MP304, 1x MP404|
Download more information
Feel free to download these BioChek PDF files for more information. If you have any questions and/or would like even more information, please fill out the form on the right.
‘Validation of Real-Time PCR Reagents to Identify Salmonella spp. DNA in Enriched Cultures’
(Click on image below for the PDF file)